[bt-devel] Important language questions

Fred Saalbach bt-devel@crosswire.org
Sat, 24 Mar 2001 10:19:03 -0500

Martin Gruner wrote:

> > Can we call the presenters "Document window" ? Interactive is not right at
> > the moment :)
> > Or is "Text window" better?
>
> Well, what we are dealing with are not really "documents", right?
> What about "display window"?
> We could also say "bible (display) window", "commentary (display) window" and
> "lexicon (display) window"; but there should be a general term.

This sounds better than my idea.

> > "Group Manager" is also hard to translate into German.
> > If everybody agress to "Document Index" I'll use it.
>
> Maybe "main index"? Or "main tree"?
> "Document" is not the best fitting word IMO.

How about "Main Index" which contains "modules" containing verious kinds of
"documents" and "files"?

> > If you press the right mouse button on the module list and result list you
> > have some options.
> > For example it's possible to copy a key into clipboard and another option
> > is to copy the key with it's text into the clipboard.
> > Is there a better word for "Key with text"?
>
> A key with a text is a bible verse, at least in bibles. So verse key and
> verse text could be good names. E.g. "print verse key + text".

That would also work.  I think of the reference as the key and the text as the
verse, but this would be understood I think.

> Sorry if my propsals are bad, I'm just a German like Joachim.
>
> Martin

Thats OK my German is a lot worse than your English.  What ever we wind up with
needs to be translatible, you can see both sides of that issue better than I
can.

--
Best Regards
Fred Saalbach