[bt-devel] 1.0 release announcements / Installation Instructions update

Martin Gruner bt-devel@crosswire.org
Sun, 24 Jun 2001 22:07:01 +0200

My thoughts/proposals:
I think you can trow away all of the KDE/QT install instructions.
CVS instructions and dev related stuff goes to sf. Compiling the (public
releases') bt.src.tar.gz should be (and is already) covered. Thus the install
section will shrink alot. There should only be one dev related page which
only points to sf->documentation.
The requirements and features should go from sf to handbook.
The aim is to have nothing twice. User related stuff -> handbook, dev related
stuff -> sf. Just delete sf docs which have become obsolete (moved to
handbook).

Joachim, bibletime.de should follow the same policy after the changes have
been made: only one link to the dev docs, and several links into the cvs to
the different sections of the handbook (like install, features, req.'s etc).

Does all that make sense?

Martin