[bt-devel] How Should Patches Be Posted?

Luke Mauldin bt-devel@crosswire.org
Sat, 2 Jun 2001 13:25:09 -0500

Hello, I registered on sourceforge underneath the username "lukeskyfly".  As
far as my patch is concerned, it adds a checkbox in the General Options page
to allow the user to select whether the down arrow scrolls to the previous
verse, chapter, etc... or whether the down arrow scrolls "down" to the next
verse or chapter.  The default behavior in Bibletime(using the down arrow to
scroll to the previous verse) was very annoying to me, that is why I created
the patch  :)  I am not working on that computer right now, but I will try
to send the patch to the mailing list later tonight or early tomorrow.
Thank all of you that responded with information on how to properly create a
diff file using CVS.

Luke

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-bt-devel@crosswire.org
[mailto:owner-bt-devel@crosswire.org]On Behalf Of mg.pub@gmx.net
Sent: Saturday, June 02, 2001 4:33 AM
To: bt-devel@crosswire.org
Subject: Re: [bt-devel] How Should Patches Be Posted?

Hi Luke,

great you want to help! Thank you for your work on BibleTime!
If you are interested in helping for a longer time just register on
sourceforge, I'll then add you to the project and you have cvs write access.
What does your patch improve?

> I get alot of lines added dealing with configure
> files, makefiles, etc..

Would be no problem. These are files that are regenerated when doing a make
-f Makefile.cvs and configure.

They IMO don't even need to be in CVS. Joachim, can we remove them?
(Makefile.in's, Makefiles and configure.in and configure).

Martin

--
Machen Sie Ihr Hobby zu Geld bei unserem Partner 1&1!
http://profiseller.de/info/index.php3?ac=OM.PS.PS003K00596T0409a

http://www.gmx.net