[bt-devel] ideas

Joachim Ansorg bt-devel@crosswire.org
Wed, 24 Jan 2001 13:06:51 +0100

Hello Martin!

> > This should be possible.
> > Select several modules in the groupmanager ans RMB->New presenter?
> > Or in another way?
>
> I thought there should be a button on the presenter toolbar (a combobox)
> where you can set the _current module_ (and change it!). Then there could
> be another button on the right of the 1st combobox like ("add module" or
> just ">"). If you click this button, another combobox will be added where
> you can set the _second_ module that will be displayed in parallel with the
> first one. It should also be possible to remove the last combobox again.
> Did you understand this?

Another idea would to add a new popup menu at the right side of the
keychooser of the module.
In this poup you can choose the modules you want to have additionally in the
presenter (select them using checkable items in the menu).
IMHO there's no need to change the origional module of a presenter.
Is this good or bad?

> > > It should be possible to synchronize (former autoscroll button)
> > > a) a commentary presenter to a bible presenter (current key)
> > > b) a lexicon presenter to
> > >  1) words that were highlighted(and right-clicked),
> > >       clicked or maybe just mouse moved over?

Something like in BibleWorks, right?
Should the lexicon presenters have a button where you can toggle into the
"syncronize mode"?
Every presenter which syncronizes would display the word nder the mouse
cursor, is this your idea?

> > >  2) strong numbers
> >
> > How should we syncronize modules?
>
> i forgot d) a bible presenter to a bible resenter (the same for
> commentaries and lexicons.

One thing about syncronitzinhg modules:

Should the other presenters scroll if you scroll the first?
Or should they just chnage their current key if the first changes it current
key?

> _Maybe_ the presenters should get names (or just numbers). Then we could
> have a button "synchronize with..." and select the desired presenter. We
> should hava some object handling this (what happens if you delete
> presenters?).

> > Will be very hard, but maybe possible.
> > I'll give my best.
>
> I know. Thank you.
>
> > > Please comment everybody, especially those who are not coding! What
> > > features would you like to see?
> >
> > Yes, otherwise you won't get them.
> > After 1.0 I'll take a break and won't work so much on BibleTime, probably
> > only bug fixes.
> > That's why I spend _lot's_ of time and it's sometimes depressing that
> > there are so many users and almost no programmers.
> > Another reason is that I sit too much in front of my computer, this isn't
> > very healthy. I don't want to get backache.
> > After the break I'll continue, but I'll spend less time on BT.
> >
> I agree. Maybe you should concentrate on Project management then? IMO 1.0
> will be quite wide-known, and we could build some call for developers into
> the program (about...). Then you might only have to coordinate the efforts.

Yes, I'll think about it.
I hope 1.0 is widely used and known so we get some more users.

> > These are the reason why 1.0 should be almost perfect, bugfree and easy
> > to use and install for _everybody_.
>
> Agreed. And advertised.

But not very easy to do.

--