[bt-devel] Personel commentary crash

Joachim Ansorg bt-devel@crosswire.org
Sat, 17 Feb 2001 22:59:43 +0100

Hi Fred!
Thank you very much for your response!

> As sword does not yet support anything other than text, a text only
> commentary editor would probably be OK.  Can you hook one of the editors to
> bibletime? You should try to also make it so that draging text into an open
> personal commentary does not result in a crash.  If the editor does not
> support drag and drop here, can the drop be disabled?

I used now the cool QTextedit widget, which is also used for the HTML display
in all presenters now (in readonly mode).
Drag&Drop is possible and will be implemented soon.
The widget is much more stable than the old KTextEdit widget we used before.

I will also implement Drag&Drop for bookmarks and verse references.
Dropping text from other prograns like StarOfiice or KOffice will be also
possible.

> There is no need to worry about draging the contents of sword modules that
> have yet to be developed (such as pictures) until after the source material
> is available in sword.

Pictures are already supported by this widget (using HTML).

>If someone wants to add this sort of material, they
> should be able to export or copy past to somthing like k office or
> StarOffice.  (I should try this out and see if this works).

You can export as  HTML.

> Fred Saalbach

Joachim Ansorg
BibleTime - www.bibletime.de - info@bibletime.de
BibleTime is an easy to use Bible study tool for KDE / Linux.