[bt-devel] Documentation - Installation - make problem continued

Fred Saalbach bt-devel@crosswire.org
Mon, 24 Dec 2001 08:12:06 -0500

After some more trials, I think I have located the makefile line that is
the problem.  The @SET_MAKE@ is the first and only line that produces
the error message.

Makefile:274: *** missing separator.  Stop.

(@SET_MAKE@ is on line 174)

----------------
# This directory's subdirectories are mostly independent; you can cd
# into them and run `make' without going through this Makefile.
# To change the values of `make' variables: instead of editing
Makefiles,
# (1) if the variable is set in `config.status', edit `config.status'
#     (which will cause the Makefiles to be regenerated when you run
`make');
# (2) otherwise, pass the desired values on the `make' command line.

@SET_MAKE@

all-recursive install-data-recursive install-exec-recursive \
installdirs-recursive install-recursive uninstall-recursive  \
check-recursive installcheck-recursive info-recursive dvi-recursive:
	@set fnord $(MAKEFLAGS); amf=$$2; \

all of the rest of the lines seem to work.  If I comment out @SET_MAKE@
then I get:

[fks00@localhost bibletime-doc]$ make