[bt-devel] Documentation - Installation - make problem continued

Martin Gruner bt-devel@crosswire.org
Sat, 22 Dec 2001 17:23:57 +0100

> autoconf: Undefined macros:
> configure.in:62:AC_CHECK_STATIC_LINKING(ac_use_static)
> configure.in:63:AC_CHECK_SWORD(1.5.3, [$ac_use_static])
> configure.in:66:AC_CHECK_DISTRIBUTION

These can remain commented out. They are only necessary for the code package
and require the .m4 files that Joachim put into bibletime/. They check for
sword version and distro (for rpm build).

> That did not help, unless these undefined macros are the root of the
> problem.

They shouldn't be. But you could try copying those files to bibletime-doc,
uncommenting the lines and try again.

> It looks like the stage that generates the makefiles from the
> Makefile.am and Makefile.in is not replacing the @SHELL@ with the
> correct command.  I do not see anything in either Makefile.am and
> Makefile.in that is obviously different in format, but i suppose that a
> single command or a problem with a called macro could cause the problem
> here.
>
> I will post a request in the local users group and see if it results in
> any help.

Yea. Good idea.
We must solve this issue before we can put forth a release!!

Martin