[bt-devel] Documentation - Installation - make problem continued

Fred Saalbach bt-devel@crosswire.org
Fri, 21 Dec 2001 20:48:20 -0500

Martin
I uncommented the lines in makefile.in.in that you had commented out.
That produced an error on each of these lines:
-------------------
[fks00@localhost bibletime-doc]$ make -f Makefile.cvs
This Makefile is only for the CVS repository
This will be deleted before making the distribution

*** Creating acinclude.m4
!!! If you get recursion errors from autoconf, it is advisable to set
the
    environment variable M4 to something including "--nesting-limit=500"
*** Creating list of subdirectories
*** Creating configure.in
*** Creating aclocal.m4
*** Creating configure
autoconf: Undefined macros:
configure.in:62:AC_CHECK_STATIC_LINKING(ac_use_static)
configure.in:63:AC_CHECK_SWORD(1.5.3, [$ac_use_static])
configure.in:66:AC_CHECK_DISTRIBUTION
make[1]: *** [cvs] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 2
--------------------

That did not help, unless these undefined macros are the root of the
problem.
----------------------------------

I do notice something odd about the /bibletime-doc/Makefile

In bibletime-doc, there are a lot of lines that take the form:

SHELL = @SHELL@

while the similar lines in bibletime/Makefile look like:

SHELL = /bin/sh

It looks like the stage that generates the makefiles from the
Makefile.am and Makefile.in is not replacing the @SHELL@ with the
correct command.  I do not see anything in either Makefile.am and
Makefile.in that is obviously different in format, but i suppose that a
single command or a problem with a called macro could cause the problem
here.

I will post a request in the local users group and see if it results in
any help.

Fred