[bt-devel] Documentation - en/installation

Fred Saalbach bt-devel@crosswire.org
Mon, 03 Dec 2001 22:54:18 -0500

Martin Gruner wrote:

> Fred,
>
> You made the docbook files availabe in each language's directory, though they
> haven't been translated. They are no longer needed, an therefore you can
> please remove them. I think we should only have translated documents in the
> cvs tree. Please remove all untranslated *.docbook, *.png and *.html files.
> Also it would be nice to only have those images translated that are
> _translatable_. Many of the images (icons) should only reside in the en
> directory. I will try to set up a mechanism that creates symlinks to the
> icons that are not translated.
> I will also try to implement a mechanism that will easily allow you to
> exclude some language's dir from the makefile system and thereby from the
> final package too. That may be helpful for not completely translated
> languages.
>
> Martin

If you can create the symlinks automatically this is a good idea.  I
will keep a copy of all of the existing pictures that I can post if they
are needed later.  I will probably not get to it until later this week.

Fred Saalbach