[bt-devel] current CVS Make Errors

Fred Saalbach bt-devel@crosswire.org
Thu, 09 Aug 2001 06:10:50 -0400

Joachim Ansorg wrote:

> Hi Fred!
>
> > ##########
> > warning: Setting locale failed.
> > perl: warning: Please check that your locale settings:
> >         LANGUAGE = "en_US:en",
> >         LC_ALL = (unset),
> >         LC_MESSAGES = "en_US",
> >         LC_TIME = "en_US",
> >         LC_NUMERIC = "en_US",
> >         LC_CTYPE = "en_US",
> >         LC_MONETARY = "en_US",
> >         LC_COLLATE = "en_US",
> >         LANG = "en"
> >     are supported and installed on your system.
> > perl: warning: Falling back to the standard locale ("C").
>
> I think this is a problem with the environment variables quoted in the
> warning message. But ibviously this is nothing serious, simply the desired
> locale is not available.

OK i did not think this was a big problem, I have tried to create a user
for german, but all of the display text remains english.  When the KDE
manual is called, it displays in german.  This might be partly a KDE
issue.  I guess this will wait until the next version is available.

> > make[5]: Entering directory
> > `/home/fks00/Develop/cvs_repository/bibletime/bibletime/frontend/thirdparty
> >/qt3stuff' c++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I../../../.. -I/usr/include
> > -I/usr/lib/qt2/include
> > -I/usr/X11R6/include  -I/usr/include/sword  -D_REENTRANT
> > -DQT_NO_ASCII_CAST -DQT_NO_COMPAT -DQT_CLEAN_NAMESPACE  -O2
> > -fno-exceptions -fno-check-new  -c qrichtext.cpp
> > c++: Internal error: Killed (program cc1plus)
> > Please submit a full bug report.
> > See <URL:https://qa.mandrakesoft.com/> for instructions.
>
> This is a compiler failure.
> How much Ram has your machine? Maybe you should close all other apps before
> starting the compile process because qrichtext.cpp is a huge source file.
> What does "free" say after make failed?
> Hopefully all these Qt3-backport problems will go away with KDE 3 and Qt 3 :)
>
> Joachim

Your guess about memory seems to be correct.  The installer did not pick
up that I have two swap files (32MB and 128MB) on two hard drives.  Only
the smaller one was picked up.  As a result the physical memory 64MB +
paging file
32MB was less than required.  After adding 128MB swap by editing fstab
things seem to work OK.

The compile was successful, and bibletime started.

Now I can get back to work.

Fred Saalbach