[bt-devel] current CVS Make Errors

Joachim Ansorg bt-devel@crosswire.org
Thu, 9 Aug 2001 00:07:26 +0200

Hi Fred!

> ##########
> warning: Setting locale failed.
>         LANGUAGE = "en_US:en",
>         LC_ALL = (unset),
>         LC_MESSAGES = "en_US",
>         LC_TIME = "en_US",
>         LC_NUMERIC = "en_US",
>         LC_CTYPE = "en_US",
>         LC_MONETARY = "en_US",
>         LC_COLLATE = "en_US",
>         LANG = "en"
>     are supported and installed on your system.

I think this is a problem with the environment variables quoted in the
warning message. But ibviously this is nothing serious, simply the desired
locale is not available.

> make[5]: Entering directory
> `/home/fks00/Develop/cvs_repository/bibletime/bibletime/frontend/thirdparty
>/qt3stuff' c++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I../../../.. -I/usr/include
> -I/usr/lib/qt2/include
> -I/usr/X11R6/include  -I/usr/include/sword  -D_REENTRANT
> -DQT_NO_ASCII_CAST -DQT_NO_COMPAT -DQT_CLEAN_NAMESPACE  -O2
> -fno-exceptions -fno-check-new  -c qrichtext.cpp
> c++: Internal error: Killed (program cc1plus)
> Please submit a full bug report.
> See <URL:https://qa.mandrakesoft.com/> for instructions.

This is a compiler failure.
How much Ram has your machine? Maybe you should close all other apps before
starting the compile process because qrichtext.cpp is a huge source file.
What does "free" say after make failed?
Hopefully all these Qt3-backport problems will go away with KDE 3 and Qt 3 :)

Joachim