[bt-devel] looking good

Joachim Ansorg bt-devel@crosswire.org
Tue, 17 Apr 2001 19:54:31 +0200

Hi Brook!

> After I reinstalled with some newer packages from mandrake8.0 pre release
> Bibletime compiles and looks good. I really like the interlinear
> functionality.

Thank you!

> Because of the way I have it set up all of the modules are installed even
> the forign ones that I can't read. It took me a while to figure out the
> interlinear functionality because I wasn't holding down my mouse button. A
> text would be selected and the new one whould come up but at first it
> seemed random. Whith a large number of modules installed a scrolling select
> box may be better for this.

A combo box takes too much space.
And I think people do normally only have the modules installed, which they
can read.
But this should be solved in 1.1.

> The lookup from the right click doesn't work  for bibles, lexicons or
> comentaries.

This doesn't work in pages displaying more than one module (interlinear).
That's because we use a backported Qt3 widget, bt I'm sure this will be
solved later.

> And the personal commentary doesn't work. It seems to but when you save the
> comments it just doesn't save them. All of my sword mods are in my home
> directory so it is not a permisions problem.

This problem is fixed in the current CVS of Sword.

> I think this is all I noticed. All else looks good.

Thank you!
Joachim