[bt-devel] Keychooser

Martin Gruner bt-devel@crosswire.org
Sat, 23 Sep 2000 00:02:32 +0200

On Fre, 22 Sep 2000, you wrote:
> Hi Martin!
>
> You forgot to add the files to the build process. If you add a  new header
> or source file you have to add it using RMB menu of KDevelep. But if you
> create the files using KDevelop it's normally not necessary.

I did! I used "create new class" and "add file to project". My makefiles.am
were updated, if that is what you are talking about. So i don't know what
might have been wrong.

> I like your key chooser widget very much!
> Some notes on it:
> 	-Can't we show the mouse while moving in the list?

We could, but it will flicker, and it has to be reset to the middle of the
lock button, otherwise some entries could not be reached. I think it is good
now.

> 	-I made some layout adjustments to let it look like I thoght, if you
> dislike it I'll revert
> 	-We have to use some pxmpas or self painted stuff using a QPainter instead
> of the characters. The look uggly.

Yes. Sure. I just started out this way, the "final polish" is not so
important now. It basically works. I will be off this weekend so i might
finish it next week. One big disadvantage: you cannot change the module a key
chooser belongs to. If we needed that, it might be difficult but possible
(you might have to switch from bible key chooser to lexicon key chooser)

> Please send a note when  it's finished so I can implement support in the
> presenter.

I will. IMO half of the presenters code will be deleted then ;-)

Suggestion: after 1.0 we document every class as exact as possible and clean
up some code. (Before porting)

Martin