[bt-devel] Fwd: SWORD

Chris Marsh bt-devel@crosswire.org
Thu, 21 Sep 2000 09:22:11 +1100

For the benefit of those, who like me, have little understanding of German,
here is the Babelfish translation (as unclear as it is):

Dear Mr. Ansorg,
thank you for your renewed letter, with your inquiry after our Bible
translations for SWORD. My Schweirigkeit sit a little that I lose so slowly
the overview. Very many Mails and letter meet with us with such NAchfragen.
It is however always unclear whether it concerns BenutzerInenwuen, or
whether it concerns wirklcih the developers of the project. A reliable and
authorized contract and official contact to have is however first times the
most important. Was to a discussion, which I led with a German, which as
Bibletime developer output itself on Germany, was the following.
1. The German Bible company does not have to supply interest the Bible
translations for a program, which runs on Windows or Mac base. But we
ourselves developed very good, comfortable and low-priced programs, exist it
thus for it none may.
2. The German Bible company signaled the interest opposite SWORD to supply
for the LINUX version of the PRogramms the texts. About meaningful
possibilities, as this could occur, one thought.
3. There is the technical problem that a text, which can be used in LINUX
SWORD also selsbtvestaendlich in Windows SWORD use lets. The discussion
aborted in the spring here.

Yours sincerely Winfried Bader

Regards,

Chris Marsh