[bt-devel] Fwd: SWORD

Troy A. Griffitts bt-devel@crosswire.org
Wed, 20 Sep 2000 19:16:59 -0700

> For the benefit of those, who like me, have little understanding of German,
> here is the Babelfish translation (as unclear as it is):

These are always fun!

> Dear Mr. Ansorg,
> thank you for your renewed letter, with your inquiry after our Bible
> translations for SWORD. My Schweirigkeit sit a little that I lose so slowly
> the overview.

His WHAT sits a little?

> Very many Mails and letter meet with us with such NAchfragen.

I wish I could write a letter that met with such NAchfragen!

> It is however always unclear whether it concerns BenutzerInenwuen, or
> whether it concerns wirklcih the developers of the project.

Yes, I always get my BenutzerInenwuen and wirklcih confused.

.
.
.

Anyway,  I'm encouraged that Dr. Bader may be interested in talking
more.  Me and him had a talk many years ago about the UBS 4th ed. of the
Greek NT.  The talk took over a year and nothing good came of it.  The
UBS was VERY supportive of us, but said that the German Bible Society
was the official copyright holder and we needed to talk with them.  It
took over a year to get an official response from Dr. Bader and that
response had no trace of understanding of any of the previous
conversations that had gone on the year prior.  In fact, his first
letter to me was that I was charged to cease publicly distributing their
UBS4 text immediately.  Removing the text had been the first thing we
did over a year prior when we heard that there may be an issue.  Anyway,
he didn't speak very good German, and I speak no German to speak of
(hmmm), and things went downhill as soon as Dr. Bader got involved.
Unfortunately, it seems that he would be the one to make the final
decision.

Torsten, however, seemed to make good progress with him.  I don't know
if it was a language thing, or maybe a personality conflict with me.
But I was really excited to hear that they may distribute the UBS4 text,
even if they would have to charge for it.

The last place I heard that things were at was the issue that they did
not want the text to work with our windows version of the software, as
they already have a windows version of software that they sell that the
text works with.

PLEASE KEEP IN CONTACT WITH HIM.

Let's see if we can get a copy of his windows software and find out why
they wouldn't rather distribute our software.  They are welcome to
charge for the software/text bundle if they must.

	-Troy.