[bt-devel] Fwd: SWORD

Joachim Ansorg bt-devel@crosswire.org
Thu, 21 Sep 2000 20:18:07 +0000

Hi Troy!

> > For the benefit of those, who like me, have little understanding of
> > German, here is the Babelfish translation (as unclear as it is):
>
> These are always fun!
>
> > Dear Mr. Ansorg,
> > thank you for your renewed letter, with your inquiry after our Bible
> > translations for SWORD. My Schweirigkeit sit a little that I lose so
> > slowly the overview.
>
> His WHAT sits a little?

It's a german type. It should be translated as

"My difficulty is that I loose slowly the overview."

> > Very many Mails and letter meet with us with such NAchfragen.
>
> I wish I could write a letter that met with such NAchfragen!

Type again.
The sentence is is translated as "Lots of mails and letters arive with
requests"

> > It is however always unclear whether it concerns BenutzerInenwuen, or
> > whether it concerns wirklcih the developers of the project.
>
> Yes, I always get my BenutzerInenwuen and wirklcih confused.

Again a type. He was wondering if the requiest came from users or from
developers.

> Anyway,  I'm encouraged that Dr. Bader may be interested in talking
> more.  Me and him had a talk many years ago about the UBS 4th ed. of the
> Greek NT.  The talk took over a year and nothing good came of it.  The
> UBS was VERY supportive of us, but said that the German Bible Society
> was the official copyright holder and we needed to talk with them.  It
> took over a year to get an official response from Dr. Bader and that
> response had no trace of understanding of any of the previous
> conversations that had gone on the year prior.  In fact, his first
> letter to me was that I was charged to cease publicly distributing their
> UBS4 text immediately.  Removing the text had been the first thing we
> did over a year prior when we heard that there may be an issue.  Anyway,
> he didn't speak very good German, and I speak no German to speak of
> (hmmm), and things went downhill as soon as Dr. Bader got involved.
> Unfortunately, it seems that he would be the one to make the final
> decision.

Typo of you? I think he's speaking very well German.

> Torsten, however, seemed to make good progress with him.  I don't know
> if it was a language thing, or maybe a personality conflict with me.
> But I was really excited to hear that they may distribute the UBS4 text,
> even if they would have to charge for it.
>
> The last place I heard that things were at was the issue that they did
> not want the text to work with our windows version of the software, as
> they already have a windows version of software that they sell that the
> text works with.
>
> PLEASE KEEP IN CONTACT WITH HIM.

I already answered to him and hope to find a solution for both Win and Linux
plattforms.

> Let's see if we can get a copy of his windows software and find out why
> they wouldn't rather distribute our software.  They are welcome to
> charge for the software/text bundle if they must.

I'll tell them the next time.

> 	-Troy.

Mr. Bader answered very fast after receiving my second letter, this is great!
--Joachim