[bt-devel] port

Martin Gruner bt-devel@crosswire.org
Sat, 16 Sep 2000 15:33:07 +0200

Joachim,

I am amazed. Was that the official decision?
That is really making me happy.

Lets talk about this more detailed when we meet. :-))

You have good contacts to QT. Do you think that there is a realistic chance
to ask them for a free or cheaper license of QT for this non-commercial app?
Maybe they have understanding for us, they had a lot of understanding for KDE
(GPL). But they want to make money also...
Maybe you just ask?
We need only one license.

But let us finish 1.0 first. I will look at the stuff and maybe begin porting
some libs (IMO KConfig is easy). After 1.0 the translation stuff will have to
be changed. QT offers good tools for this purpose.
We can use Cygwin environment for compiling and for the unix system calls
(POSIX threads are supported in the current version - the version on CD is
outdated). There is a compiler (gcc). : -))

We have to think about the directory structure of bt in Windows and Unix.

Martin