[bt-devel] changes

Martin Gruner bt-devel@crosswire.org
Thu, 14 Sep 2000 23:52:52 +0200

On Don, 14 Sep 2000, you wrote:
> Hi!
>
> > Hi Joachim,
> >
> > I found some error in configure.in.in - i hope the change is ok?
> > ( the perl am_edit call at the end is not necessary -- the resulting
> > configure.in file was corrupt in this line )
>
> I added the line because the Makefile.am files are very often incomplete
> (reports by users etc.).
> Now we have to find another solution.

I do not understand that, because the admin directory contains a am_edit
which is being executed during the make -f Makefile.cvs process. If this is
not enough I will just bring the configure.in.in back to the old version and
add a newline after the perl am_edit call which was causing the trouble IMO,
so that the call was never executed, because there is some data appended
automatically...

> > am_edit and configure.in are no longer needed in CVS - i didn't remove
> > them yet. Should I?
>
> Yes.

Still?

> > I turned debugging on to level 3 in configure.in.in. I think this is
> > necessary at least for
> > developing.
>
> Oh! Now I have to move away some huge things from /home so I can compile
> ;-) I do almost never use a debugger but it's OK.
> I add in the beginning of every functiona  debug call so I know where it
> crashed.

I can turn it off again and use a script to do it.

> > Joachim, please do not include qt.h somewhere! It will throw a lot of
> > thrash into the preprocessor, and the compiling takes unnecessary long.
>
> Uuups! I thought every QT class inerits from the class Qt so qt.h is
> included, but obviously I was wrong.
>
> > thank you
> >
> > MArtin
>
> --Joachim