[bt-devel] [Fwd: BorCon, Qt license]

Martin Gruner bt-devel@crosswire.org
Thu, 2 Nov 2000 18:50:13 +0100

Hi everybody,

I suggest that we hesitate and rest a moment and think about this decision.
You may be surprised about me saying this, but I thought about these matters,
and I looked at the sword windows program which seems better that I first
thought. Very good work.

The main question now is: Should we port?
pro:
would be usable for many more people than now

con:
work for porting
no kde classes
license fee - every year

Let us consider this well.
-IMO it would only be senseful if the efforts of the sword program and
bibletime would be united.
-Maybe it would not be necessary because the sword program will be developed
well and continuous.

If we decide to port, my suggestions:
-open a bank account for the development of bibletime
-all offerings and cd payments go there
 -we need publicity!
-only one developer will have the windows qt license
 -that yould only be Joachim, I can't say for sure I'll have the time
 -we could use the recent cygwin
 -we need some install software (Installshield?)

Martin