[bt-devel] problems

Joachim Ansorg bt-devel@crosswire.org
Wed, 1 Nov 2000 19:44:37 +0000

Hi!

> Martin@marten:~ > la /etc/sword.conf
> -rw-r--r--   1 root     root           36 Oct 31 15:55 /etc/sword.conf
> Martin@marten:~ >

Weird, it looks ok.
Have you acess to /etc ?

> > The error message says that no modules are found, the page for the error
> > message is also not found :(
> > Please backup your BibleTime config files and test without them.
>
> no change.

Mmh, it's hard for me to find the bug because everything is working here fine.

> > What's are values of $KDEDIRS, $KDEDIR and $KDEHOME?
>
> KDEDIR=/opt/kde
> KDEDIRS=/opt/kde
> KDEHOME is not defined
>
> it worked before :((

When did the bugs occur (especially the module problem) ?
I overloaded the SWMgr::Load() function in CSwordBackend which doesn't quit
anymore. The does shouldn't occur.

> > Hm, I do not see where the error  is.
> > I updated CVS so the shared libs ahev no correct names
> > (libbibletime_backend.so and libbibletime_swordbackend.so).
> >
> > Are you using latest Sword?
>
> yes. If cvs is recent enough :)

Probably :)

> > Sorry for all the trouble I made, I have to improve the installationa and
> > configuration things.

> No problem. I am not able to help with programming at the moment, so I can
> help with testing. If I will not make it, many others will have problems
> also. So we should find a solution.

Yes, testing is OK.
I'm used to be the only coder ;)

> Another suggestion: default configure to --enable-shared, so that users do
> not need to type it.

I'll have a look at this.

--Joachim