[bt-devel] problems

Martin Gruner bt-devel@crosswire.org
Wed, 1 Nov 2000 18:43:13 +0100

On Mittwoch,  1. November 2000 18:32, you wrote:
> Could you please check permissions of /etc/sword.conf?
> I think the Sword lib can't find /etc/sword.conf and falls back on
> SWORD_PATH.

Martin@marten:~ > la /etc/sword.conf
-rw-r--r--   1 root     root           36 Oct 31 15:55 /etc/sword.conf
Martin@marten:~ >

> The error message says that no modules are found, the page for the error
> message is also not found :(
> Please backup your BibleTime config files and test without them.

no change.

> > #/opt/kde/ links to /opt/kde2/#
>
> But where's your KDE1 ?

it is in /opt/kde1 -- only for kdevelop.

> What's are values of $KDEDIRS, $KDEDIR and $KDEHOME?

KDEDIR=/opt/kde
KDEDIRS=/opt/kde
KDEHOME is not defined

it worked before :((

> Hm, I do not see where the error  is.
> I updated CVS so the shared libs ahev no correct names
> (libbibletime_backend.so and libbibletime_swordbackend.so).

> Are you using latest Sword?

yes. If cvs is recent enough :)

> Sorry for all the trouble I made, I have to improve the installationa and
> configuration things.

No problem. I am not able to help with programming at the moment, so I can
help with testing. If I will not make it, many others will have problems
also. So we should find a solution.

Another suggestion: default configure to --enable-shared, so that users do
not need to type it.

Martin