[bt-devel] problems

Joachim Ansorg bt-devel@crosswire.org
Wed, 1 Nov 2000 17:32:11 +0000

Hi!

> > > [INSTALL]
> > > DataPath=/usr/local/sword
> >
> > Looks ok. Are the permissions right?
>
> It worked before and it works when I do export SWORD_PATH=/usr/local/sword.

Could you please check permissions of /etc/sword.conf?
I think the Sword lib can't find /etc/sword.conf and falls back on SWORD_PATH.

> > > which is the proper directory.
> > > At the moment bt says:
> > > HTML Seite bibletime/backendinit_failed.html nicht gefunden!
> > > Bitte überprüfen Sie die folgenden Punkte: Leserechtefür
> > > $KDEDIR/share/apps/bibletime and Unterverzeichnisse, Installation der
> > > Dateien if I cklick OK, bt crashes. I did a "make install" before.
> >
> > chmod a+r+X <KDE2 directory> -R
>
> I did. Still the same.
> The files are in /opt/kde/share/doc/HTML/de/bibletime/, btw.

The error message says that no modules are found, the page for the error
message is also not found :(
Please backup your BibleTime config files and test without them.

> > Are there somewhere an old libbackend.so and an old libsword_backend.o ?
> >
> > locate libbackend.so
> > locate libsword_backend.so
>
> Martin@marten:/opt > locate libbackend.so
> /home/Martin/bibletime-2/bibletime/backend/.libs/libbackend.so
> /home/Martin/bibletime-2/bibletime/backend/.libs/libbackend.so.1
> /home/Martin/bibletime-2/bibletime/backend/.libs/libbackend.so.1.0.0
> /opt/kde2/lib/libbackend.so
> /opt/kde2/lib/libbackend.so.1
> /opt/kde2/lib/libbackend.so.1.0.0

Looks ok.

> Martin@marten:/opt >  locate libsword_backend.so
> /home/Martin/bibletime-2/bibletime/backend/sword_backend/.libs/libsword_bac
>kend.so
> /home/Martin/bibletime-2/bibletime/backend/sword_backend/.libs/libsword_bac
>kend.so.1
> /home/Martin/bibletime-2/bibletime/backend/sword_backend/.libs/libsword_bac
>kend.so.1.0.0 /opt/kde2/lib/libsword_backend.so
> /opt/kde2/lib/libsword_backend.so.1
> /opt/kde2/lib/libsword_backend.so.1.0.0

Looks ok.

> #/opt/kde/ links to /opt/kde2/#

But where's your KDE1 ?

What's are values of $KDEDIRS, $KDEDIR and $KDEHOME?

Hm, I do not see where the error  is.
I updated CVS so the shared libs ahev no correct names
(libbibletime_backend.so and libbibletime_swordbackend.so).

Are you using latest Sword?

Sorry for all the trouble I made, I have to improve the installationa and
configuration things,
--Joachim