[bt-devel] feedback

Joachim Ansorg bt-devel@crosswire.org
Wed, 1 Nov 2000 01:47:53 +0000

Hi Troy!

It seems to be impossible, but the newIndex is still 8950.
I even changed the ighIndex part to "const long highIndex=32300", and it's
still buggy.
How could this be?

I get these messages (I double-checked that I'm using the new lib):
(The first message is from BibleTime and syas Sword computed 127% !!)

(BibleTime 1.0) Debug: 127 o/o
Serious error: new percentage complete is less than previous value
using vk? yes
index: 11838
highIndex: 8950
Serious error: new percentage complete is less than previous value
using vk? yes
index: 11839
highIndex: 8950
Serious error: new percentage complete is less than previous value
using vk? yes
index: 11840
highIndex: 8950
Serious error: new percentage complete is less than previous value
using vk? yes
index: 11841
highIndex: 8950
Serious error: new percentage complete is less than previous value
using vk? yes
index: 11842
highIndex: 8950
Serious error: new percentage complete is less than previous value
using vk? yes
index: 11843
highIndex: 8950
Serious error: new percentage complete is less than previous value
using vk? yes
index: 11844
highIndex: 8950
Serious error: new percentage complete is less than previous value
using vk? yes
index: 11845
highIndex: 8950
Serious error: new percentage complete is less than previous value
using vk? yes
index: 11846
highIndex: 8950
Serious error: new percentage complete is less than previous value
using vk? yes
index: 11847
highIndex: 8950
Serious error: new percentage complete is less than previous value
using vk? yes
index: 11848
highIndex: 8950
Serious error: new percentage complete is less than previous value
using vk? yes
index: 11850
highIndex: 8950

To show BibleTime's structure I wrote a little program called
threaded_search.cpp, it's in examples/cmdline.
But probably it's not a big help because it crashes (Crash occurs where
swmodule->Search is called).

It's just a quick hack.

> > #5 the "search progress bug debug output" slows the search to snail speed
>
> I've hacked swmodule to default all vkey searches high index to 32300
> (which is currently always true). We'll have to be sure we get this
> working before we support multiple versification schemes, but since
> everything is KJV numbered currently, this will work fine.
>
> Let me know if you still have troubles.  I'm still looking into it, but
> we really need to release 1.5.1 and I don't want to hold you guys up
> anymore with this issue.
>
> 	-Troy.

--Joachim