[bt-devel] Makefiles

Joachim Ansorg bt-devel@crosswire.org
Wed, 1 Nov 2000 00:35:06 +0000

Hi all!

I decided again to switch ff the KDevelop generated Makefiles.
KDevelop generated the Makefile.am files which introduced lots of problems,
e.g. undefinied references due to wrong link-order, overwritten local changes
etc.

We will keep the current Makefile.am files but we have to change them
manually.
I'll post a description how to add / delete files to directories and how to
add / delete subdirectories.

Martin said that handwritten Makefiles are OK, so I think we agree.
You can still use KDevelop, but you can't use it to generate the Makefiles.
--Joachim