[bt-devel] Call for developers

Joachim Ansorg bt-devel@crosswire.org
Thu, 25 May 2000 21:25:30 +0000

<SNIP>

>> Yes, I think tabbed dialogs are good.
>> But I don't know if it's reasonable to use a KChart part to show the
>> graphical analysis. Perhaps later, at the moment we do already the
>> unreleased KDE2 libraries which is enough IMHO.
>> Feel free to implement the graphical search analysis.
>
>What else apart from the search analysis should be changed? The UI? How?

I think the UI should b changed. The layout management of the dialog is worse
or not implemented ina a good way.
Some months ago I collected some screenshots from other bibletprograms including searchdialog.
Perhaps this will give you a good ideahow to do it.

>> Do you have an idea how to open presenters while you are in the
>> searchdialog? Drag&Drop would be possible (perhaps) but I can't get DnD
>> working with more than one groupmanager.
>>

>I will try. Why should we have more than 1 groupmanager? Where should the
>drags end, in the groupmanager (to open a presenter) or in a presenter (to
>switch to another verse)?

My ideas:
The found-items list in the searchdialog is a class derived from CGroupManager.
To work with entries later select the entries or groups you lke and drag them into
the groupmanager of BIbleTime's mainwindow. They are added as bookmarks and you can work with them.

>Please explain more detailed what should be changed and what I should aim
>towards.

I need some time to think about this.
Basically:
-The UI of the searchdialog
-Some new features to the dialog (e.g. predefined verse ranges etc.)
-Better layout management
-Perhaps RegExp editor
-etc.