[bt-devel] Call for developers

bt-devel@crosswire.org bt-devel@crosswire.org
Thu, 25 May 2000 16:24:06 GMT

Martin Gruner writes:

<SNIP>
> > -searchdialog (easy, I think this is a good start)
>
> I'll try. We should set up a general layout. IMO we should keep the tabbed
> Dialog. But serarch text and scope should be put on the same tab. What else
> should be be changed or added? Should I try to set up the search analysis?
> I thought about embedding a KChart component for the analysis. Would that be
> possible or can't we require that koffice is installed on the bt user's pc's?

I see no problem with requiring an additional free package for a feature,
as long as the program dealt properly with a system that didn't have the
additional component.  Perhaps a little dialog, or a text list of counts,
and an explanation of how to get graphs...

With that said, this is probably not a feature I would use very much, so if
someone else who would use this feature a lot has a different view, give
their opinion more weight than mine.

> > -printing (more difficult)
>
> Didn't Darwin want to do that?

I am more interested in having the ability to print than in doing the
coding.  ;-)  I do think that there is some motivational value in coding on
elements of the program that you want to use.

With that said, I would also like to throw into the ring of tasks to be
done the portion of the options dialog that deals with "foreign fonts".
This is a feature that I have done some struggling with, but I have no
interest in using the feature, so I think this has been a partial factor in
my not being motivated enough to dig for the solution.  I only use English
translations, and don't refer to Greek or Hebrew, because I assume the
translators know the languages, and I don't.

I have been on a semi-hiatus recently due to lack of motivation, but I am
re-discovering the joy of coding...

<SNIP>

--
   Darwin Gregory

   Jesus is the way, the truth and the life.
   Evolution is a myth...