[bt-devel] Call for developers

Martin Gruner bt-devel@crosswire.org
Thu, 25 May 2000 17:53:32 +0200

Am Don, 25 Mai 2000 schrieben Sie:
> Hi!
>
> >Am Don, 25 Mai 2000 schrieben Sie:
> >> Ok!
> >>
> >> Cool that you want to start so fast!
> >>
> >> Things to be done:
> >>
> >> -searchdialog (easy, I think this is a good start)
> >
> >I'll try. We should set up a general layout. IMO we should keep the tabbed
> >Dialog. But serarch text and scope should be put on the same tab. What
> > else should be be changed or added? Should I try to set up the search
> > analysis? I thought about embedding a KChart component for the analysis.
> > Would that be possible or can't we require that koffice is installed on
> > the bt user's pc's?
>
> Yes, I think tabbed dialogs are good.
> But I don't know if it's reasonable to use a KChart part to show the
> graphical analysis. Perhaps later, at the moment we do already the
> unreleased KDE2 libraries which is enough IMHO.
> Feel free to implement the graphical search analysis.

What else apart from the search analysis should be changed? The UI? How?

> Do you have an idea how to open presenters while you are in the
> searchdialog? Drag&Drop would be possible (perhaps) but I can't get DnD
> working with more than one groupmanager.

I will try. Why should we have more than 1 groupmanager? Where should the
drags end, in the groupmanager (to open a presenter) or in a presenter (to
switch to another verse)?
Please explain more detailed what should be changed and what I should aim
towards.

Thank you

Martin