[bt-devel] PLEASE GIVE MORE FEEDBACK

bt-devel@crosswire.org bt-devel@crosswire.org
Wed, 10 May 2000 17:33:13 GMT

Jeffrey Hoyt writes:

> Hi!  In regard to your call for more feedback, especially for features and improvements, I would have to say that BT 0.3 is at the point for
> a "feature freeze", and we should now concentrate on bug-squashing.  There is already a feature set that is, IMHO, possibly better than any
> other Bible program on any platform (given Sword's features and weaknesses).  For me as a full-time preacher, it is an eminently useful
> program.  The only thing that could improve the program is a way to jump from any mentioned verse reference in a commentary or lexicon to
> that verse directly.  I'm not so lazy, though, that I can't just look it up myself. ;-)

I am hoping to get a feature like this installed.   My ideal program on
this point so far is The Online Bible.  Similar functionality would be
nice.

> Troy and the Sword people have done a great job putting all the modules together.  It would be nice, however, if copyright holders of newer
> literature and translations would work with us to release their stuff.

I agree.  I still find it difficult to understand the copyrighting of God's
Word.  But since it does not interfere with my following God, I guss I have
to follow the law of the land.

> Regarding ease of module installation, I wonder if it would work to put a simple makefile in the [module].zip file so that simply "make
> install" would install the module and its .conf file.  I think the Sword and BT installation procedures are pretty well documented, although
> it wasn't that long ago that I migrated from Windows and didn't have the slightest idea what anything was.  In the words of a certain
> American president, "I feel your pain".

This is an idea worth exploring.

> BTW, are the kdelibs and qt-copy frozen yet?  I know KDE2 is coming out in beta 1 tomorrow.  Will I have to keep `cvsup'ing all the time?

QT is released, KDELibs is in a soft freeze (feature freeze).

--
   Darwin Gregory

   Jesus is the way, the truth and the life.
   Evolution is a myth...