[bt-devel] PLEASE GIVE MORE FEEDBACK

Joachim Ansorg bt-devel@crosswire.org
Wed, 10 May 2000 15:05:13 +0000

Hi!

>Hi!  In regard to your call for more feedback, especially for features and improvements, I would have to say that BT 0.3 is at the point for
>a "feature freeze", and we should now concentrate on bug-squashing.  There is already a feature set that is, IMHO, possibly better than any
>other Bible program on any platform (given Sword's features and weaknesses).  For me as a full-time preacher, it is an eminently useful
>program.  The only thing that could improve the program is a way to jump from any mentioned verse reference in a commentary or lexicon to
>that verse directly.  I'm not so lazy, though, that I can't just look it up myself. ;-)

Hmm, why not RMB on a link and select the new module (in a popup menu)
which should be used (it will be opened in a new presenter) ?

>Troy and the Sword people have done a great job putting all the modules together.  It would be nice, however, if copyright holders of newer
>literature and translations would work with us to release their stuff.

Please write them! I think if really much people ask them about their modules they finally will release their stuff!

>Regarding ease of module installation, I wonder if it would work to put a simple makefile in the [module].zip file so that simply "make
>install" would install the module and its .conf file.  I think the Sword and BT installation procedures are pretty well documented, although
>it wasn't that long ago that I migrated from Windows and didn't have the slightest idea what anything was.  In the words of a certain
>American president, "I feel your pain".
>
>BTW, are the kdelibs and qt-copy frozen yet?  I know KDE2 is coming out in beta 1 tomorrow.  Will I have to keep `cvsup'ing all the time?

Yes, KDE2 is frozen yet altough bugs will be fixed. Update once a month (If some fixes are required for BibleTime i'll post it on this list.).
qt-copy is the same as QT 2.1final, you won't have to updte it anymore.

>Jeff
>
>P.S.
>Yeah, Joachim, why NOT a WYSIWYG editor, huh?  ;-D

Hehe, it's because I'm a bad programmer. But if somebody else want to take this part, DO IT!
The QT guys are working on such a thing, it will be included i QT 3 ;-(