[bt-devel] PLEASE GIVE MORE FEEDBACK

Jeffrey Hoyt bt-devel@crosswire.org
Tue, 09 May 2000 22:16:02 -0700

Hi!  In regard to your call for more feedback, especially for features and improvements, I would have to say that BT 0.3 is at the point for
a "feature freeze", and we should now concentrate on bug-squashing.  There is already a feature set that is, IMHO, possibly better than any
other Bible program on any platform (given Sword's features and weaknesses).  For me as a full-time preacher, it is an eminently useful
program.  The only thing that could improve the program is a way to jump from any mentioned verse reference in a commentary or lexicon to
that verse directly.  I'm not so lazy, though, that I can't just look it up myself. ;-)

Troy and the Sword people have done a great job putting all the modules together.  It would be nice, however, if copyright holders of newer
literature and translations would work with us to release their stuff.

Regarding ease of module installation, I wonder if it would work to put a simple makefile in the [module].zip file so that simply "make
install" would install the module and its .conf file.  I think the Sword and BT installation procedures are pretty well documented, although
it wasn't that long ago that I migrated from Windows and didn't have the slightest idea what anything was.  In the words of a certain
American president, "I feel your pain".

BTW, are the kdelibs and qt-copy frozen yet?  I know KDE2 is coming out in beta 1 tomorrow.  Will I have to keep `cvsup'ing all the time?

Jeff

P.S.
Yeah, Joachim, why NOT a WYSIWYG editor, huh?  ;-D