[bt-devel] PLEASE GIVE MORE FEEDBACK

Joachim Ansorg bt-devel@crosswire.org
Wed, 10 May 2000 00:02:05 +0000

Hi!

This is a small status message a call for more feedback.

STATUS:
Improved the notes handling, the notes are now saves a HTML and displayed correctly in the editor.
Pressing Enter inserts a <BR> (HTML tag for new line) and I added some key combinations:
(Pressing the following keys will perform the action on selected text, if not text is selected the start or end tag is inserted
depending on the context)

-STRG+H : Heading (<H1></H1>)
-STRG+H : Bold (<B></B>)
-STRG+I :  Italic (<I></I>)
-STRG+U :  Underlined (<U></U>)

To enter text please type, it will be wrapped qutomatically, press onle Enter to create a new line. But test it and complain.

To get the notes handling working correctly please remove the line beginning with "SourceType" of every config file of a writable module.
(e.g. personal.conf)
And I fixed some bugs.

Now my call for more feedback: I need more feedback about current development and status of 0.3.
Please post your own ideas (users and coders), improvements of currenbt fucntions and new features which could be reasonable in BibleTime.

E.g. about the notes editor you could post:
"Why not a WYSIWYG editor ??"
or
"Why don't you do it in the following way: ......"

I need feedaback, otherwise it's _very_ hard to develop an application for end users.

BTW, thank you for every comment posted on this list. It's really useful.
Sorry for my bad english. I hope yoou can understand my.

Thanks!
-- Joachim
BibleTime - the bible study program for KDE
http://www.bibletime.de/
info@bibletime.de