[bt-devel] PLEASE GIVE MORE FEEDBACK

Jeffrey Hoyt bt-devel@crosswire.org
Tue, 09 May 2000 22:27:08 -0700

Hi, Chris!
Here are some ideas that might help you get modules installed:

First, make sure that the /usr/local/sword/modules/whatever_else... directories
have read/write access for users, not just root.  Do this (as root):

chown -R root.users /usr/local/sword
chmod -R u+rwX /usr/local/sword

This presupposes you have a "normal" installation.

Make sure your "sword.conf" file is in /etc.
Cut 'n' paste the following into a text file named sword.conf:

[Install]
DataPath=/usr/local/sword

I like having each module's .conf file as a separate file in sword/mods.d,
rather than as one large file sword/mods.conf.  Also, move or rename the
existing mods.conf file, as having one (along with files in sword/mods.d) can
confuse the program.

I hope this helps, if my advice is in error, PLEASE tell me! :-)

Jeff