[bt-devel] Thanks

Chris Marsh bt-devel@crosswire.org
Thu, 4 May 2000 11:02:14 +1000

Thanks to everyone who has responded to my plea for help.  I am now in the
middle of reading all the KDE Documentation, will then attempt to download
and install KDE2.0 and the appropriate Qt.  I will then play around with the
example KDE Apps in the doco's and then maybe write a small app myself just
to test everything I've learnt.  I will then be able to start work on
Bibletime.

Just so everyone on this list knows a little about me, here is a small
'resume':
32 year old Male, living in Melbourne, Australia (I could maybe provide an
'Australianised' version!)
married with a 6 month old daughter.
Currently working as an Analyst Programmer/DBA with Hansen Corporation on a
Contestable Electricity Billing System working purely in Oracle PL/SQL with
some Unix Shell scripting (very little).

I attend The Salvation Army and will be going to Training College(Bible
College/Seminary?) in 3-4 years as my wife and I both feel the call to
Ministry.  Actually, we met in the Training College around 9 years ago!  As
I won't be in Programming for that much longer, I want to spend time on
something worthwhile to help further God's Kingdom.

I pray that this is that 'something'.

Can I ask who else is on this list?  I am mainly after numbers as I get the
impression we don't have many on board!

Regards,

Chris Marsh
Analyst Programmer