[bt-devel] Newbie help please!

Joachim Ansorg bt-devel@crosswire.org
Wed, 3 May 2000 15:21:46 +0000

Hi!

Normally you have a Makefile (AFAIK they exist in Windows, too ;-) which contains rules to build a program.

BibleTime normally only needs the commands:

./configure	#create Makwfiles
make		#use Makefiles to compile BibleTime
make install	# create the binary, compiled BibleTime

In SWORD it's simply make.

The best thing to know how to compile a program is to look for files like README and INSTALL, they often conatin instructions
how to do it.

You saif you'd like to help! This is very good and we really need you.
A very good IDE to make Linux coding much more easy is KDevelop. Look at www.kdevelop.og for this program.
You can also get the latest version using CVSUP (similait thing like cvs).
KDevelop contains some very good documentation (instructions how to code for Linux etc.), read them!
They are a very good source of help.

Ask again if you have questions!

Thanks for your offer to help!
--Joachim

--
BibleTime - the bible study program for KDE
http://www.bibletime.de/