[bt-devel] New Platform, New Problems

bt-devel@crosswire.org bt-devel@crosswire.org
Fri, 10 Mar 2000 18:57:59 GMT

I have reloaded Linux.  I moved to Mandrake 7.0, since the default desktop
is KDE, assuming that it would be integrated better, and so far it looks
like this is the case.

Unfortunately I seem to have developed an unrelated problem at the same
time.  First some background.

I am behind a proxy, so I don't have access to CVSUP.  I may have to attack
this problem this weekend, by unstalling a packet filter (floppyfw) instead
of using WinProxy, but for now, I can't do CVSUP...

I downloaded the lates KDE snapshot, and qt 2.1.0 beta2

QT installed well, so apparently did the KDELibs snapshot.  However, when I
try to compile BT, I get a missing or bad .h file (I could not get to the
net last night with the specific message) that looks like a KDE problem.
Since recompiling KDELIBS takes over an hour, I am unable to make quick
adjustments, but I got the same error with the last two days, (0309 and
0308) and also with March 2 (0302)...  In order to save another day of
compiling I thought I would ask here.

Any ideas?  I will provide more details later if needed.

Also as part of this process, I downloaded the latest BibleTime CVS, to
start from scratch, and when I run my initialization script it complains
about missing INSTALL.in, so I copy this from another directory.  After a
quick look, this should not have an impact, but could this be the cause of
the problem?  In any case the CVS should be updated to include the proper
INSTALL.in file.

--

Darwin Gregory