[bt-devel] New Platform, New Problems

Joachim Ansorg bt-devel@crosswire.org
Sat, 11 Mar 2000 13:36:38 +0000

Hi!

>I have reloaded Linux.  I moved to Mandrake 7.0, since the default desktop
>is KDE, assuming that it would be integrated better, and so far it looks
>like this is the case.

Never change a running system ;-)
To be honest, I like new systems and software ...

>Unfortunately I seem to have developed an unrelated problem at the same
>time.  First some background.
>
>I am behind a proxy, so I don't have access to CVSUP.  I may have to attack
>this problem this weekend, by unstalling a packet filter (floppyfw) instead
>of using WinProxy, but for now, I can't do CVSUP...
>
>I downloaded the lates KDE snapshot, and qt 2.1.0 beta2
>
>QT installed well, so apparently did the KDELibs snapshot.  However, when I
>try to compile BT, I get a missing or bad .h file (I could not get to the
>net last night with the specific message) that looks like a KDE problem.
>Since recompiling KDELIBS takes over an hour, I am unable to make quick
>adjustments, but I got the same error with the last two days, (0309 and
>0308) and also with March 2 (0302)...  In order to save another day of
>compiling I thought I would ask here.

BT2 compiles on my system. Please post somehow the name of the missing header
file.

>Any ideas?  I will provide more details later if needed.
>
>Also as part of this process, I downloaded the latest BibleTime CVS, to
>start from scratch, and when I run my initialization script it complains
>about missing INSTALL.in, so I copy this from another directory.  After a
>quick look, this should not have an impact, but could this be the cause of
>the problem?  In any case the CVS should be updated to include the proper
>INSTALL.in file.

I forgot to add INSTALL.in to the CVS. Now it's there.
Thanks.

--Joachim

--
BibleTime - the bible study program for KDE
http://www.bibletime.de/