[bt-devel] Verse references

Joachim Ansorg bt-devel@crosswire.org
Mon, 6 Mar 2000 22:17:49 +0000

Hi!

I was thinking about a standard for verse referemces for BibleTime.

I think we should use the protocoll ref:// , e.g. "ref://John 1:2". I think
this is valid for HTML (defiened a protocoll like gopher, telnet etc.).

A HTML link in the HTML to show a verse reference should look like this:

<A HREF="ref://John 1:1">John 1:1</A>.

IMHO we should create the verse numbers of a HTML widget using this method. It
should be easy for the user to create bookmarks for verses (dragging the verse
number to the groupmanager).

Does everybody agree ?

Drag&Drop: This is a problem at the moment: I tried implementing DnD in the
groupmanager but failed. The problem is how to encode the CGroupmanagerItems
into the QMimeSource part of QDragObject and to decode it properly after drop ??

Does somebody know hiow to do this ?

Thanks!
-- Joachim
BibleTime - the bible study program for KDE
http://www.bibletime.de/
info@bibletime.de