[bt-devel] The next steps to version 1.0

Joachim Ansorg bt-devel@crosswire.org
Wed, 26 Jul 2000 12:58:44 +0000

Am Mit, 26 Jul 2000 schrieben Sie:
> Refining the handbook - AGREED.  I made up the handbook as a
> seat-of-the-pants-bare-bones-late-night-after-the-wife-and-kids-went-to-bed
>-ge t-0.3-out-the-door job.  The suggestions for installation procedures and
> pictures are great.  I would be to have help with the handbook, if anyone
> has time.  If not, that's OK also.  I will make sure 1.0's handbook is much
> more complete.

Very good, Jeff. BTW, are you online again and do you have a new eMail adress?

> Ideas for 1.0:
>
>   Printing - 0.2x print queue good.  It should be displayable.  Print
> preview? It doesn't need the bells and whistles of KHexEdit's print dialog,
> though.

Sure, we will design our own dialog containing only the options we need.

>   Installation - user-definable (in configuration dialog) path to Sword?
> Graphical install of Sword (zipped binaries)?

Shouldn't we use the path stored in /etc/sword.conf and maybe use the
$HOME/.sword directory, too ?
Or should it be possible to install in a non-SWORD directory?

>   Presenters - I REALLY think we need a text input box to directly go to a
> specific verse.  Also a search button in the presenter would be very nice.
> Much more intuitive than the current method.  I am not at all concerned
> about adding another line to the presenter toolbar.  That, IMHO, is a
> non-issue except on screens with VERY low resolution.

??
Do you noticed the combo box containing the verses? The box is editable,
enter a verse and press enter -> is that what you want?
The search button should be easy.

>   Commentaries - I would still like to see commentaries displayed a
> "chapter" at a time, rather than a verse at a time.  Again, more intuitive.

Hmm, should be discussed. Autoscrolling does work with current method, but
lets see.

> Good work on on 0.3!!!
>
> God bless,
> Jeff