[bt-devel] The next steps to version 1.0

Jeffrey Hoyt bt-devel@crosswire.org
Wed, 26 Jul 2000 10:56:16 -0400

My ISP hasn't closed its doors just yet, I guess.  I am using web based email
for now, though.  My mail to address jeff@jhoyt.faithweb.com still works.  I
can set it to forward to wherever I want.  Great service.

> Shouldn't we use the path stored in /etc/sword.conf...

Yes.  I forgot about that.

> Do you noticed the combo box containing the verses?

Yes, but you have to click in three different boxes.  IMHO, that is too
restrictive.  (I just tried tabbing between boxes, much better.)  That hasn't
worked right for me. (sorry for not submitting a bug report!)  It gets you
close, but sometimes a chapter away from where you type in.

Also, I think you should put buttons in the main toolbar for the groupmanager
functions that you currently access through RMB.  Most people probably would
prefer buttons rather than RMB'ing all the time.  I would.

| http://jhoyt.faithweb.com |
   Don't be conservative.
      Don't be liberal.
          Be right.