[bt-devel] The next steps to version 1.0

Jeffrey Hoyt bt-devel@crosswire.org
Wed, 26 Jul 2000 02:12:59 -0400

Refining the handbook - AGREED.  I made up the handbook as a
seat-of-the-pants-bare-bones-late-night-after-the-wife-and-kids-went-to-bed-ge
t-0.3-out-the-door job.  The suggestions for installation procedures and
pictures are great.  I would be to have help with the handbook, if anyone has
time.  If not, that's OK also.  I will make sure 1.0's handbook is much more
complete.

Ideas for 1.0:

  Printing - 0.2x print queue good.  It should be displayable.  Print preview?
 It doesn't need the bells and whistles of KHexEdit's print dialog, though.

  Installation - user-definable (in configuration dialog) path to Sword?
Graphical install of Sword (zipped binaries)?

  Presenters - I REALLY think we need a text input box to directly go to a
specific verse.  Also a search button in the presenter would be very nice.
Much more intuitive than the current method.  I am not at all concerned about
adding another line to the presenter toolbar.  That, IMHO, is a non-issue
except on screens with VERY low resolution.

  Commentaries - I would still like to see commentaries displayed a "chapter"
at a time, rather than a verse at a time.  Again, more intuitive.

Good work on on 0.3!!!

God bless,
Jeff

| http://jhoyt.faithweb.com |