[bt-devel] The next steps to version 1.0

Joachim Ansorg bt-devel@crosswire.org
Wed, 26 Jul 2000 12:54:08 +0000

Hi!

> -Refining the handbook (Jeff ?)
>
> Can't volunteer with translations, but would like to help with refining the
> handbook.  I'd like to see installation procedures in the handbook and some
> screen dumps of the various screens and dialogs.  I will obviously need to
> get Bibletime 3 working first...

Talk with Jeff about this. Your ideas are good.

> Open for discussion:
> ---------------
> -Should we tag the current stage to 0.3 ? Doing this we could release some
> 0.3x release from time to time. IMHO not worth it because it lots of work
>
> maintain both and to release 0.3x and later at the same time.
> -Should we continue 0.2x? IMHO we should release 0.25 in a few days and
> close
> the 0.2x part of BibleTime. Translators should concentrate on 0.3x.
> -Should we require the new KDE2 beta after it's release? The Beta and later
> versions of KDE2 will be binary compatible to final 2.0. Only bugfixes will
> be apllied. Do you agree?
>
> Yes, yes and yes, in that order.  Need to keep some sort of level of
> releases available in CVS.  I don't like the idea of trying to support
> older versions of software, particularly when it's free.  We are not a
> commercial entity and should keep this simple (KISS method).

Ok, to make sure I understood all things correctly:
	-You want to tag current CVS to 0.3
	-You don't want to suppor 0.2x any more
	-We should require the new KDE beta versions

> Things not done due to a lack of volunteers:
> -New "module" pages for www.bibletime.de. You know, the pages listing the
> companies owning copyrights on modules in your language! Modules should be
> made available for free or for some money, but they should be available!
> Volunteers for this?
>
> I'd volunteer for this if I knew who the companies where.....

If you look into the config files of the locked modules you'll normally see
some copyright information and a contact adress.
If you haven't a SWORD CD the .conf files are on the FTP server.

--Joachim