[bt-devel] Drag &Drop

Joachim Ansorg bt-devel@crosswire.org
Sun, 9 Jul 2000 00:48:29 +0000

Am Sam, 08 Jul 2000 schrieben Sie:
> Hi Joachim,
>
> _good_ work!

Thank you for this!

> > > the module should be highlighted also.
> >
> > It's done noew. I had to extend and change your drag&drop stuff in the
> > groupmanager a little bit: Modules and groups were handled as REFERENCES,
> > in the function painting the highlighting boxes I was unable to decide if
> > the drag using REFERENCE is a group, a module or a REFERENCE.
>
> That is not quite true. All the CGroupManagerItems were dragged as
> BOOKMARKs, which is misleading because they can be Bookmarks, Modules and
> Groups (maybe more later). To decide you would have had to use
> m_pressedItem->type(). But it is better this way! You removed the
> QPixmapCache!

Yes, I removed QPixmapCache because it leaded to some crashes while starting
a drag in a presenter (Icons are deleted from cache after some time). That
are the reasons why I removed it.

> What about Bookmarks that point into Lexicons or sermons? Did you consider
> them? What about Import/Export? If you export module dependent anyway, you
> wouldn't have to use book numbers. Just export the modulename and the
> reference string. I think bookmarks into commentaries would be a pretty
> useful thing. (Just a suggestion...)

I do not really understand what you mean.
Bookmarks to lexicons and commentaries are possible (simply drag the heading
of the presenter text). Isn't it nice?
I think booknumbers are useful if user export bookmarks and send the
bookmarks other users with a different language. What do you think?
Implementing exporting and importing of bookmarks is easy: I used the same
methods I used to save /read  the bookmarks if BibleTime was closed / started
(readBookmarks/ saveBookmarks). The exported file is a standard KDE
configuration file.

> > Hope you like it.
>
> I do!
> (But I'm not the Lord of the DnD code!)
>
> What about the strongnumber issue in the editwidget? did you find out
> something?

I'll have a look at it again.

>Why does the widget contain a "comment up to:" lineeditwidget?
> is that necessary?

I thought this would clear the situation. But if you don't like it remove it
:-)

>The trash button should only delete the contents of the
> editwidget, not autosave the empty one. And the save button should be
> enabled when inserting sth. via DnD.

To delete a comment I use the delete method of the backend. But I think your
way is the better one.
I'll also implement this DnD button to insert the full text for a key if the
button is pressed.

> Just some suggestions until 0.3final.

> Martin
>
> > --Joachim