[bt-devel] Drag &Drop

Martin Gruner bt-devel@crosswire.org
Sat, 8 Jul 2000 23:38:19 +0200

Hi Joachim,

_good_ work!

Am Sam, 08 Jul 2000 schrieb Joachim Ansorg:
> > Good! looks better. But please, if you can drop a bookmark on a module,
> > the module should be highlighted also.
>
> It's done noew. I had to extend and change your drag&drop stuff in the
> groupmanager a little bit: Modules and groups were handled as REFERENCES,
> in the function painting the highlighting boxes I was unable to decide if
> the drag using REFERENCE is a group, a module or a REFERENCE.

That is not quite true. All the CGroupManagerItems were dragged as BOOKMARKs,
which is misleading because they can be Bookmarks, Modules and Groups (maybe
more later). To decide you would have had to use m_pressedItem->type().
But it is better this way! You removed the QPixmapCache!

What about Bookmarks that point into Lexicons or sermons? Did you consider
them? What about Import/Export? If you export module dependent anyway, you
wouldn't have to use book numbers. Just export the modulename and the
reference string. I think bookmarks into commentaries would be a pretty
useful thing. (Just a suggestion...)

> Hope you like it.

I do!
(But I'm not the Lord of the DnD code!)

What about the strongnumber issue in the editwidget? did you find out
something? Why does the widget contain a "comment up to:" lineeditwidget? is
that necessary? The trash button should only delete the contents of the
editwidget, not autosave the empty one. And the save button should be enabled
when inserting sth. via DnD.
Just some suggestions until 0.3final.

Martin