[bt-devel] dnd

Joachim Ansorg bt-devel@crosswire.org
Thu, 6 Jul 2000 23:53:17 +0000

Hi Martin!

Am Don, 06 Jul 2000 schrieben Sie:
<SNIP>

> > The Qt coders got it managed to do such a thing (e.g. pressing CTRL
> > switches to copy mode). And: Pressing space while dragging will not
> > activate the button because the widget doesn't have the focus and doesn't
> > get events. I'll have a look at QTextDrag, maybe we should create a
> > subclass called CBibleTimeDrag or similair. I hope then it's possible to
> > use the space key while dragging.
>
> Ok, if you think it is necessary, do it. I think it might be enough to add
> a button in ceditwidget. You select expanding the verse on/off before the
> drag by toggling the button (or the space bar). That might be a lot easier,
> but anyway...

I looked into the sources of Qt. Looks like they use again these private
classes and non-API classes. It's probably impossible.
I think wel add this button in the toolbar.
You are right, Martin.

> Having a subclass like the one you mentioned might be useful when dragging
> into plugins (kparts) that do not know about the bt drag handling. they
> will simply insert the text of QTextDrag, and they do not care about
> sub-mimetypes (am I right here?).

It's now not important any more ;-)
The insert the text of QTextDrag if the drag has the right basic mime type.

> I made some minor fixes in the dnd code today. works now (e.g. module drag
> in ceditwidget). What else should I do until 0.3final?

Thank you!
Try to fix bugs you find. But I do not find new ones ;-).
I mailed the translators of BibleTime so we may release 0.3final soon.

> I will be away from home next week.

I whish you some nice days!

--Joachim