[bt-devel] Bug report

Martin Gruner bt-devel@crosswire.org
Thu, 6 Jul 2000 00:21:16 +0200

Hi Joachim,

i found bugs.

#1: bt crashes after searching a lexicon because it tries to perform a
searchanalysis on the result which would only work for bibles and commentaries
--should be easy to solve

#2: footnote problem

module web source (gbf):
1. In the beginning <RB>God<RF>After "God," the Hebrew has the two letters
"Aleph Tav" (the first and last letters of the Hebrew alphabet). Compare this
with the "Alpha and Omega" (first and last letters of the Greek alphabet)
mentioned in Revelation 21:6<Rf> created the heavens and the earth.

is displayed as:
1 In the beginning GodAfter "God," the Hebrew has the two letters "Aleph Tav"
(the first and last letters of the Hebrew alphabet). Compare this with the
"Alpha and Omega" (first and last letters of the Greek alphabet) mentioned in
Revelation 21:6 created the heavens and the earth.

(<RB> indicates the word that the footnote is attached to. So "God" should be
in italics - thats what the GBFHTML filter source would predict to me...
between <RF> and <Rf> is the footnote -  should be smaller and maybe in
italics.)

it doesn't matter whether I turn footnotes on/off. And they are displayed
just like the normal text and not in italics (which is not good for
footnotes) - is this a filter problem?

#3 just a question: strongs ARE displayed correctly. But if I insert them
into ceditwidget, they either look like "<07575>" (thats why they are not
displayed because they are no valid html tags) or like "(8989)" (displayed
like this. Joachim, did I call a wrong function to receive the text from the
backend? (CEditwidget.cpp in DropEvent); please point me into the right
direction.

#4 caption of the main window is currently "bibletime <2>." annoying.

Joachim, if you didn't already do this, please try cheatah
(sword/apps/X11/cheatah). Very simple interface, but _very_ fast.

thanks and God bless you

Martin