[bt-devel] dnd

Martin Gruner bt-devel@crosswire.org
Thu, 6 Jul 2000 22:42:19 +0200

Am Don, 06 Jul 2000 schrieb Joachim Ansorg:
> Hi!
>
> Am Mit, 05 Jul 2000 schrieben Sie:
> > Hi,
> >
> > dragging is now beatiful: we use icons.
> > Joachim, I added 2 pixmapcache entries in main.cpp. (though strongnumber
> > is not yet used)
> > we only  need proper icons for them...
>
> Yes, is here somebody on the list who volunteers to draw a nice one (if you
> like it more than one ;-) ?
> QPixmapCache is a little bit supid because sometimes the icons are lost
> after they are not used.
>
> > About CeditWidget: we need a button or something like thet to toggle
> > verse expanding. we must do it in the widget because the drag is not
> > acessible. the button state will determine whether ceditwidget will
> > expand the verses. you can connect it to the space key if you want...
> > Could you provide the button?
> > And please, if somebody inserts a text-drop, the save button should be
> > enabled.
>
> Are you talking about my suggestion to switch the type of drag with the
> space key?

Yes.

> The Qt coders got it managed to do such a thing (e.g. pressing CTRL
> switches to copy mode). And: Pressing space while dragging will not
> activate the button because the widget doesn't have the focus and doesn't
> get events. I'll have a look at QTextDrag, maybe we should create a
> subclass called CBibleTimeDrag or similair. I hope then it's possible to
> use the space key while dragging.

Ok, if you think it is necessary, do it. I think it might be enough to add a
button in ceditwidget. You select expanding the verse on/off before the drag
by toggling the button (or the space bar). That might be a lot easier, but
anyway...
Having a subclass like the one you mentioned might be useful when dragging
into plugins (kparts) that do not know about the bt drag handling. they will
simply insert the text of QTextDrag, and they do not care about sub-mimetypes
(am I right here?).

I made some minor fixes in the dnd code today. works now (e.g. module drag in
ceditwidget). What else should I do until 0.3final?
I will be away from home next week.

Martin