[bt-devel] dnd

Joachim Ansorg bt-devel@crosswire.org
Thu, 6 Jul 2000 11:01:16 +0000

Hi!

Am Mit, 05 Jul 2000 schrieben Sie:
> Hi,
>
> dragging is now beatiful: we use icons.
> Joachim, I added 2 pixmapcache entries in main.cpp. (though strongnumber is
> not yet used)
> we only  need proper icons for them...

Yes, is here somebody on the list who volunteers to draw a nice one (if you
like it more than one ;-) ?
QPixmapCache is a little bit supid because sometimes the icons are lost after
they are not used.

> About CeditWidget: we need a button or something like thet to toggle verse
> expanding. we must do it in the widget because the drag is not acessible.
> the button state will determine whether ceditwidget will expand the verses.
> you can connect it to the space key if you want...
> Could you provide the button?
> And please, if somebody inserts a text-drop, the save button should be
> enabled.

Are you talking about my suggestion to switch the type of drag with the space
key?
The Qt coders got it managed to do such a thing (e.g. pressing CTRL switches
to copy mode). And: Pressing space while dragging will not activate the
button because the widget doesn't have the focus and doesn't get events.
I'll have a look at QTextDrag, maybe we should create a subclass called
CBibleTimeDrag or similair. I hope then it's possible to use the space key
while dragging.

> thanks
>
> Martin

--Joachim