[bt-devel] Optionsdialog

bt-devel@crosswire.org bt-devel@crosswire.org
Thu, 24 Feb 2000 18:06:22 GMT

Joachim Ansorg writes:

> I would like to have the font properties stored seperately.
> e.g.:
>

> [Fonts]
> PresenterFont  = helvetica
> PresenterFontSize  = 12
> PresenterFixedFont  = courir
> PresenterFixedFontSize  = 12

My goal is to mmake the configuration as easy as possible for the other
portions of the application that use the information, so I will work on
this tonight.

But out of curosity, wouldn't it be easier to use a QFont object when
reading the values, or am I missing something?  As part of my learning
process, I am interested in learning why we do things in a certain way.

> I'd like it in this way. Wouls be great to have the colors also stored in hex
> format in the config file.

This is also probably fairly easy.  Is this the way colors are stored in
0.2x what you are looking for?  I will look at this in the evening as well.
 This is also probably an argument against QPalette, as it stores the
values as QColor as well, and would need to be converted on each use.

When I get time, I may have to look at the Presenter code and see how the
configuration values are used, so that I understand more.  I would have
thought that QColor would have been the easiest, but that was an assumption
without any real research.

> Darwin, I really want to thanks you for your work on BibleTime. It's
> great to have a coder more. Almost all the other ones who proposed to
> code for BibleTime are gone.

I am glad to be helping.  It's a shame that more people aren't interested
in helping a project like this.  I'll keep my eyes open for others that may
be interested...

--
   Darwin Gregory

   Help California define marriage the way God does...
   Support Proposition 22!   Vote YES on Prop 22!