[bt-devel] New feature

Torsten Uhlmann bt-devel@crosswire.org
Sat, 19 Feb 2000 18:56:39 +0100

On Sam, 19 Feb 2000 you wrote:
>Hi Jeff!
>
>> 1.  There need to be buttons on the main toolbar hooked up to Tile Now,
>
>Cascade > Now, Auto Tile, and Auto Cascade.
>
>Ok, should be easy.
>
>> 2.  There needs to be a "Search" button on _each_  presenter toolbar (for
>> text and commentary).
>
>Ok, should be easy, too. But why not put them on the global toolbar?
Yes, global. I think we should keep the local toolbars as small as possible.
They should only contain features that need to be set individual. But there's
only 1 search dialog. So it could be opened either by a global menu entry,
global button or like now RMB in the group manager.

>> 3.  You need to be able to open multiple instances of the same module.
>
>Hmm, why? Perhaps RMB->"Open new presenter" ?
RMB is ok. I don't want multiple instances by accident. So opening a second
instance should be different from opening th efirst. Douple clicking would
also be ok.

>> 4.  In a presenter, the buttons need to be their own separate toolbar.  It
>> would normally dock beside the comboboxes and textbox like they do now,
>> but they should be movable on their own (e. g. to the side).
>
>Hmm, ok. At the moment there are some problem with the window widgets we use
>for the presenters. Try to move the toolbar of a presenter and try to put it
> to the side of the resenter ;-)
>
>> 5.  There needs to be a way to link browsing in text and commentary
>> presenters. For example, when the text is pointed to John 3:16, any open
>> commentary or other text module would syncronize with it.  This should be
>> optional.
>
>Yes, we wan't to implement this feature. Probably in some  weeks.
I want a feature where you can define which presenters are connected to each
other. If I then change the key in one they all get updated. I also would
like to see a scroll connection. If I scroll one bible, the other one
scrolls, too. But thats for later.

--

best regards,
Torsten Uhlmann