[bt-devel] New feature

Joachim Ansorg bt-devel@crosswire.org
Sat, 19 Feb 2000 13:21:39 +0000

Hi Jeff!

> 1.  There need to be buttons on the main toolbar hooked up to Tile Now,
Cascade > Now, Auto Tile, and Auto Cascade.

Ok, should be easy.

> 2.  There needs to be a "Search" button on _each_  presenter toolbar (for text
> and commentary).

Ok, should be easy, too. But why not put them on the global toolbar?

> 3.  You need to be able to open multiple instances of the same module.

Hmm, why? Perhaps RMB->"Open new presenter" ?

> 4.  In a presenter, the buttons need to be their own separate toolbar.  It would
> normally dock beside the comboboxes and textbox like they do now, but they
> should be movable on their own (e. g. to the side).

Hmm, ok. At the moment there are some problem with the window widgets we use
for the presenters. Try to move the toolbar of a presenter and try to put it to
the side of the resenter ;-)

> 5.  There needs to be a way to link browsing in text and commentary presenters.
> For example, when the text is pointed to John 3:16, any open commentary or other
> text module would syncronize with it.  This should be optional.

Yes, we wan't to implement this feature. Probably in some  weeks.

> 6.  Each module's last position needs to be "remembered".  You should have the
> option of having a module open to the "last opened position", "sync'ed with
> current module", or "Genesis 1:1"

This will be done in the presenters (saveSettings). Probably it will be done
later.

> <PREACH MODE>
>
> If you happen to live in California, USA, don't forget to vote YES on Prop 22 on
> March 7!!!!
>
> </PREACH MODE>
>
> Friends,
> Jeff Hoyt
>
> --
> | http://jhoyt.faithweb.com |
>     Don't be conservative.
>        Don't be liberal.
>            Be RIGHT.

-- Joachim
BibleTime - the bible study program for KDE
http://www.bibletime.de/
info@bibletime.de